IAC 2019, Washington, DC (25-30 October 2019).
- Dr. Langston Presented "Legal and Ethical Considerations for Policing Nongovernmental Actors in Space" at the International Society for Military Ethics (ISME) Conference 2019 on Space, War and Ethics, in Colorado Springs, CO (29-30 July 2019).
- Dr. Langston joined a panel "It's Not Just Rocket Science: Careers in Space Policy" to talk about international law and space policy career pathways at the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, in Washington, DC (23 August 2018). Click here for event info.
- Dr. Langston guest lectured on "Space Exploration: An Interdisciplinary Approach to Understanding Norms and Ethics in Space" at the Institute of Astronomy, University of Cambridge, UK (27 July 2018).
- Dr. Langston presented "Exploring the Cosmos: Legal and Ethical Considerations for Space Exploration" at the Annual Conference of the Postdoc Society of Cambridge, University of Cambridge, UK (26 July 2018).
- Dr. Langston participated in the "Decolonizing Mars: An Unconference on Equity and Inclusion in Space Exploration", in Washington DC (28-29 June 2018).
- Dr. Langston was an invited speaker on the topic of "Space Security and Gender: Incorporating the Gender Perspective Into Decision-making Processes" at Space Security Conference, UNIDIR 2018, Geneva, Switzerland (May 7-8 2018).
- Dr. Langston was an invited participant in AIAA/Aviation Week’s “Space Commercialization Executive Summit” at the AIAA SciTech Forum 2018, Orlando, FL (January 11, 2018).
- Dr. Langston was an invited participant to the UN Women/UNOOSA Space for Women Expert Meeting, United Nations Headquarters, New York (October 4-6, 2017).
- Dr. Sara M. Langston & Dr. Sarah-Jane Pell presented “‘Astronaut 2.0’: Connecting the physical and social perceptions on human identity, form and function in space to define the parameters of space faring individuals” 68th International Astronautical Congress (IAC), Adelaide, Australia (September 27, 2017).
- Dr. Langston presented on “Space Travel: Understanding the Legal, Ethical and Medical Implications for Commercial Spaceflight Participants and Crew” at the 8th International Conference on Research Advances in Aerospace Technologies (RAST) 2017, in Istanbul, Turkey (June 21, 2017).
- Dr. Langston was interviewed for Contingencies magazine speaking on risk, liability and insurance considerations for commercial human spaceflight. See article by Alyssa Oursler “Outer Space for All: In the new age of spaceflight risk will be an individual’s to bear” Contingencies (May/June 2017) pp 26-31.
- Lecturer, “Ethical and Legal Considerations for Human Spaceflight,” UCSF Department of Surgery, San Francisco, California (March 30, 2017).
- Lecturer, “International Law: An Overview,” University of Luxembourg (November 23, 2016).
- Dr. Langston was an invited speaker, S.T.A.R. Talk #7 “Polis 2.0: Developing Governing Frameworks for Humans in Space,” New Worlds 2016, Austin, Texas (November 4-5, 2016).
- Dr. Langston was an invited speaker on “Reimagining Icarus: Defining the Ethical and Legal Parameters for Human Space Exploration,” Center for Applied Philosophy and Ethics (Lecture Series 86), Kyoto University, Japan (October 7, 2016).
- Dr. Langston was an invited speaker on “Space Ethics: Understanding the moral and legal parameters for the exploration and use of space,” Georgetown Space Law Society, Georgetown University, Washington, DC (March 24, 2016).
- Dr. Langston was quoted in Arabian Aerospace commenting on international commercial space development law and policy for the Global Aerospace Summit in Abu Dhabi (June 23, 2015).
- Dr. Langston was an invited speaker on “Medical and Legal Implications for Commercial Spaceflight,” Civil Aviation Medical Association (CAMA) Annual Scientific Meeting, Reno, Nevada (October 10, 2014).
- Dr. Langston presented “What Is In A Name? Perceived Identity, Classification, Philosophy, and Implied Duty of the ‘Astronaut’?”, 65th International Astronautical Congress (IAC), Toronto, Canada (October 3, 2014).
- Tanay Sharma, Sara M. Langston & Sandra Cabrera-Alvarado presented “New Space Development: the Political and Economic Landscape for Emerging Actors” 65th International Astronautical Congress (IAC), Toronto, Canada (September 30, 2014).
- Tanay Sharma, Sara M. Langston & Sandra Cabrera-Alvarado presented “Understanding the Role of End Users, Policy Makers and Satellite Operators in Disaster Mitigation and Management,” Global Space Applications Conference (GLAC), Paris, France (June 3, 2014).
- Sara M. Langston, Sandra Cabrera-Alvarado & Tanay Sharma presented “Developing Space: Political and Socio-economic Rationales of Emerging Space Programs,” 2nd Manfred Lachs International Conference on Global Space Governance, McGill University, Montreal, Canada (May 31, 2014).
- Interview with Sara Langston on space law, Diffusion Radio, Sydney, Australia (May 25, 2014).
- Dr. Langston was an invited speaker on “Space Law and Commercial Space Activities,” Shaping the Future series, OrbitOz – Space Entrepreneurs, Sydney, Australia (May 25, 2014).
- Dr. Langston presented “Why Space? Rationales and Drivers for Human Space Exploration,” University of Sydney, Unit for the History and Philosophy of Science, Sydney, Australia (June 7, 2013).
- Dr. Langston presented “Breaking Barriers: The Transboundary Nature of Human Expansion in Space,” University of Sydney School of Law, Sydney, Australia (November 1, 2012).
- Dr. Langston was an invited speaker on “Suborbital Flights: A Comparative Analysis of National and International Law,” NASA, Kennedy Space Center Strategic Review, Saratoga, FL, USA (September 15-17, 2010).
- Dr. Langston presented “Suborbital Flights: A Comparative Analysis of National and International Law,” Meeting on Earth Observation, the Environment, Space, and Remote Sensing Law in the Pacific Rim, the National Center for Remote Sensing, Air, and Space Law, Honolulu, HI, USA (June 16-18, 2010).